Danish delegation in Somaliland:President Silanyo receives a delegation from Denmark
Hargeisa – The president of Somaliland, His Excellency Ahmed M. Silanyo today received in his office a delegation from Denmark lead by Ms. Sus Ulbæk Kaaliyaha , deputy Minister of foreign affairs of the Danish government . The president briefed the delegation about the current security situation in Somaliland as well as the success that Somaliland achieved through democratic processes. The president also briefed the delegation about the fight against piracy in the region spear-headed by Somaliland and the support required to sustain effective campaign against it in the region.
Mr. Silanyo reiterated the foreign aid that the government and the people of Somaliland need in development and sustainable democracy in the region.
The Danish delegation in turn commended the people and the government of Somaliland on the recent elections in the country and the peaceful transfer of power afterwards. Ms Sus said that her government will work directly with the government of Somaliland and that all aid allotted for Somaliland will be directly given instead of routing it through aid agencies. The deputy director also promised that her government will closely work with Somaliland on security and development issues as well as on ways of sustaining the commendable democratic successes that Somaliland achieved since 1991.
The Danish delegation consisted of:
1. Ms. Sus Ulbæk, deputy Minister of foreign affairs of the Danish government
2. Ms. Anne Ehrenreich Head of Department MoFA, Denmark
3. H.E. Geert Aagaard Andersen, (new) Ambassador to Kenya (GAA)
4. Mr. Thomas Thomsen, Chief Adviser, MoFA Denmark
5. Mrs. Betina Gollander, Counsellor Development (BG)
6. Ms. Pernille Mortensen, 1st Secretary, Embassy of Denmark, Addis Ababa